Placement in Indian Hospitals:
• Apollo Hospital Bangalore , Chennai
• B. G. S Global hospital Bangalore
• Indaraprasth Apollo Hospital , New Delhi
• Max Hospital New Delhi
• AIIMS New Delhi , Rishikeshi
• ESIC Hospital New Delhi
• Bangalore Medical college Hospital
• Narayana Hrudayalaya Health Centre Bangalore
• Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital Bangalore
• HCG Hospital Bangalore
• Institute of Nephro Urology Bangalore
• Tata Hospital Kolkata West Bengal
• Narayana , West Bengal
• Amri Hospital, Kolkata , West Bengal
• NRHM programme Tripura
• Government hospital , Mizoram
• Jipmer , Pudeucheery
Placement in Colleges
• Padamshree Institute of nursing Bangalore
• IKON College of nursing , Bangalore
• Pratiksha College of nursing , Guwahati , Assam
• Kalinga College of nursing ( KIT University ) Bhubaneswar , Odisha
• AVK college of nursing Bangalore
• Ramakrishana Mission nursing school ,Itanagar , Arunchal Pradesh
• Daynad Sagar University , Bangalore
• Dinsha Patel college of nursing , Nadiad, Gujarat
• NEIGRIHMS College of nursing, Shillong , Meghalaya
• Araya College of nursing, Guwahati , Assam
Abroad Placement Hospital:
• Ministry of Health Saudi Arabia
• Ministry of health in Kuwait
• Jlgme Dorji Wangchuck nation refer hospital Bhutan
• Phuntsholing General hospital Bhutan
• National Medical college , Birgunji , Nepal
• Novel Academic Graduate school in Nepal
• Devedha college of science and technology , Nepal
• Gandaki medical college , Nepal
• Al Abeer Hospital Ruwi Muscut ,Oman
• Blue water Health in Sarnia , Ontario, Canada
• Brunswick private hospital , Melbourne , Australia
• Dhatibang Health post , Nepal
• Concerto Renal services , USA
• John Fawkner private hospital , Victoria , Australia
• Lumbini Medical college and teaching hospital , Nepal
• Bupa Aged Care , Australia
• Calvary North Adelaide Hospital Australia
• University Hospital ,Leurisham UK
• Queen Elizabath Hospital UK
• Elmabrook Health care and rehabilitation centre , Chicago USA
• The Grove Elnhurst , Chicago , USA
• Caritas Hospital ,Kottyam , Kerala
• German Hospital , Saudi Arabia
About Department of Child Health Nursing:
- Child Health Nursing is a specialty which focus on nursing care of children, both normal and sick. The objective of the course is to prepare students to identify the normal growth and development of children and deviation from the normal, give comprehensive nursing care to children suffering from various diseases.
- The Department of Child health nursing focused on fostering to enhance the knowledge and skill of the students in pediatric medical and surgical wards apart from theory classes. The department imparts them as exemplary child health nurse.
The objectives of department of child health nursing are to:
- Impart quality education to the students in the field of child care
- Prepare the students to become nursing leader and efficient professional nurses in the various health centres.
- Emphasize the importance of health education for preparing the professional nurses to increase the individual , family and community towards achieving the optimal health.
- Organize developmental programs for the staff of the department in order to enhance their knowledge and skill
- Contribute to the body of knowledge through research, health educations and publications.
- To identify the difference between adult and child in care, approach and treatment.
- To provide care for children with special consideration to growth, development and maturity.
- To analyze the importance of prevention of illness and the remedial measures towards the same.
Opportunities for students:
There are various opportunities for the students after completing the course:
- As a Pediatric nurse they can devote their knowledge and skills to caring for children from infancy through the late teen years and their families.
- Students will be able to collaborate closely with physicians and other health care providers who share their dedication to children’s health.
- They can perform physical examinations, measure vital statistics, take blood and urine samples and order diagnostic tests.
- Students can also practice in the community groups and other organizations that provide outpatient and preventive health care services for children, including children who have limited access to health care.
- It will further enable the student to function as educator, manager, and researcher in the field of Pediatric Nursing.
Carrier opportunities for students:
- Staff nurse
- Nursing educator in hospital
- Infection control nurse in pediatric hospital.
- Ward in – charge
- Lecturer in nursing
- Assistant professor in nursing
- Associate professor in nursing
- HOD of Department
- Ward in – charge
- Shift in – charge
- Chief nursing officer
- Research coordinator
- Research adviser
- Research supervisor for under graduate and post graduate students
Dr. Mrs. Bhima Uma Maheswari
Principal, Head of the Department
Qualification: RN, RM, MSN, PhD
Specialization: Child Health Nursing
- Dr. Bhima Uma Maheswari (HOD)
- Ms. Pankaja KE (Assoc Professor)
- Ms. Emica Kharkongor (Asst Professor)
- Ms. Lipika Debnath (Lecturer)
- Ms. Divya (Nursing tutor)
- Our department celebrate all national and international health days related with children E.g. Breast-feeding week, Children’s day, Worlds Aids day etc.
- Our department post graduates’ students organize and conduct national level workshop in each year.
- Our department regularly conduct exhibition at college level play exhibition .
- Our department encourage all under and post graduates’ students to indulge the research activities.
- Co-ordinate among members to attend professional activities