- Programme coordinator under NRHM
- Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing
- Mental health nurse
- NEIGRIHMS College of nursing
- ESIC Hospitals New Delhi
- AIIMS Hospitals New Delhi
- Working in clinical as well teaching side in and out of India
Placement in Indian Hospitals:
• Apollo Hospital Bangalore , Chennai
• B. G. S Global hospital Bangalore
• Indaraprasth Apollo Hospital , New Delhi
• Max Hospital New Delhi
• AIIMS New Delhi , Rishikeshi
• ESIC Hospital New Delhi
• Bangalore Medical college Hospital
• Narayana Hrudayalaya Health Centre Bangalore
• Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital Bangalore
• HCG Hospital Bangalore
• Institute of Nephro Urology Bangalore
• Tata Hospital Kolkata West Bengal
• Narayana , West Bengal
• Amri Hospital, Kolkata , West Bengal
• NRHM programme Tripura
• Government hospital , Mizoram
• Jipmer , Pudeucheery
Placement in Colleges
• Padamshree Institute of nursing Bangalore
• IKON College of nursing , Bangalore
• Pratiksha College of nursing , Guwahati , Assam
• Kalinga College of nursing ( KIT University ) Bhubaneswar , Odisha
• AVK college of nursing Bangalore
• Ramakrishana Mission nursing school ,Itanagar , Arunchal Pradesh
• Daynad Sagar University , Bangalore
• Dinsha Patel college of nursing , Nadiad, Gujarat
• NEIGRIHMS College of nursing, Shillong , Meghalaya
• Araya College of nursing, Guwahati , Assam
Abroad Placement Hospital:
• Ministry of Health Saudi Arabia
• Ministry of health in Kuwait
• Jlgme Dorji Wangchuck nation refer hospital Bhutan
• Phuntsholing General hospital Bhutan
• National Medical college , Birgunji , Nepal
• Novel Academic Graduate school in Nepal
• Devedha college of science and technology , Nepal
• Gandaki medical college , Nepal
• Al Abeer Hospital Ruwi Muscut ,Oman
• Blue water Health in Sarnia , Ontario, Canada
• Brunswick private hospital , Melbourne , Australia
• Dhatibang Health post , Nepal
• Concerto Renal services , USA
• John Fawkner private hospital , Victoria , Australia
• Lumbini Medical college and teaching hospital , Nepal
• Bupa Aged Care , Australia
• Calvary North Adelaide Hospital Australia
• University Hospital ,Leurisham UK
• Queen Elizabath Hospital UK
• Elmabrook Health care and rehabilitation centre , Chicago USA
• The Grove Elnhurst , Chicago , USA
• Caritas Hospital ,Kottyam , Kerala
• German Hospital , Saudi Arabia
About Mental Health Nursing:
Department of Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing, provides academic services and conducts research to promote mental health and prevent mental health problems of people, their families and communities as well as continuously intervene and rehabilitate patients with psychiatric problems and their families. It uses theories of human behavior as its scientific framework and requires the use of the self as its art or expression in nursing practice.
The department, under an experienced and dedicated faculty, renders quality education to undergraduate and post graduate students, assisting them in developing expertise and an in-depth understanding of the field. It helps students appreciate clients as individuals and develop skills to function as psychiatric nurses, enabling them to function as educator, manager and researcher in the field of psychiatric nursing.
The Department is also committed to provide opportunities for professional growth, including a fully individualized orientation, support for participation in professional development activities and various in-service programs for the faculty.
- Impart quality education to the students in the field of mental health nursing.
- Prepare the students to become nursing leaders who will work as efficient professional nurses in the hospitals and community settings.
- Emphasize the importance of health education in both mental health for preparing professional nurses to increase the individual, family and community awareness toward achieving self care.
- Collaborate with the governmental and non-governmental organizations in meeting the health needs of the people.
- Organize staff development programs for the teachers of the department in the view of enhancing their knowledge and skills.
- Effectively participate in the college developmental activities.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge of mental health nursing through research and health education.
Carrier Opportunities for students:
The aspiring graduates can be employed in various sectors of health
- Regular Hospitals
- Psychiatric hospitals
- Home health care organizations
- Prisons and jails
- Outpatient mental health organizations
- Schools that serve people with emotional and mental problems
- Lecturer in nursing
- Assistant Professor in nursing
- Associate Professor in nursing
- HOD of Department
- Observer both at health centers and hospitals
- Programme coordinator in various National Health programmes
- Trainer for voluntary health workers
- Research co-ordinator
- Research advisor
- Research supervisor/guide
Assoc. Prof. Mr. Channabasappa
Head of the Department
Qualification: RN, RM, MSN
Specialization: Mental Health Nursing
- Assoc. Prof. Mr. Channabassappa
- Ms. Shilpa Rani ( Asst Professor )
- Ms. Manali Paul ( Asst Professor )
- Ms. Manjula ( Nursing Tutor )
- Conducting Psycho-education and interactive sessions for inpatients and family members.
- Structured exercise program for rehabilitation centre residents and inpatients of Psychiatry ward.
- Observation of World Mental Health Day, World Suicide Prevention Day and World Alzheimer’s Day.
- Regular Outreach programmes in the schools and community.
- Regular Continuing Nursing Education for departmental faculty.
- Attending professional development programmes.
- Conducting poster competitions.
- Psychiatric history collection
- Mental status examination
- Neurological examination
- Psychotropic drug administration
- Process recording
- Therapeutic nurse-patient relationship
- Nursing process
- Managing psychiatric emergencies
- Crisis intervention
- Legal and ethical aspects
- Admission and discharge