Placement in Indian Hospitals:
• Apollo Hospital Bangalore , Chennai
• B. G. S Global hospital Bangalore
• Indaraprasth Apollo Hospital , New Delhi
• Max Hospital New Delhi
• AIIMS New Delhi , Rishikeshi
• ESIC Hospital New Delhi
• Bangalore Medical college Hospital
• Narayana Hrudayalaya Health Centre Bangalore
• Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital Bangalore
• HCG Hospital Bangalore
• Institute of Nephro Urology Bangalore
• Tata Hospital Kolkata West Bengal
• Narayana , West Bengal
• Amri Hospital, Kolkata , West Bengal
• NRHM programme Tripura
• Government hospital , Mizoram
• Jipmer , Pudeucheery
Placement in Colleges
• Padamshree Institute of nursing Bangalore
• IKON College of nursing , Bangalore
• Pratiksha College of nursing , Guwahati , Assam
• Kalinga College of nursing ( KIT University ) Bhubaneswar , Odisha
• AVK college of nursing Bangalore
• Ramakrishana Mission nursing school ,Itanagar , Arunchal Pradesh
• Daynad Sagar University , Bangalore
• Dinsha Patel college of nursing , Nadiad, Gujarat
• NEIGRIHMS College of nursing, Shillong , Meghalaya
• Araya College of nursing, Guwahati , Assam
Abroad Placement Hospital:
• Ministry of Health Saudi Arabia
• Ministry of health in Kuwait
• Jlgme Dorji Wangchuck nation refer hospital Bhutan
• Phuntsholing General hospital Bhutan
• National Medical college , Birgunji , Nepal
• Novel Academic Graduate school in Nepal
• Devedha college of science and technology , Nepal
• Gandaki medical college , Nepal
• Al Abeer Hospital Ruwi Muscut ,Oman
• Blue water Health in Sarnia , Ontario, Canada
• Brunswick private hospital , Melbourne , Australia
• Dhatibang Health post , Nepal
• Concerto Renal services , USA
• John Fawkner private hospital , Victoria , Australia
• Lumbini Medical college and teaching hospital , Nepal
• Bupa Aged Care , Australia
• Calvary North Adelaide Hospital Australia
• University Hospital ,Leurisham UK
• Queen Elizabath Hospital UK
• Elmabrook Health care and rehabilitation centre , Chicago USA
• The Grove Elnhurst , Chicago , USA
• Caritas Hospital ,Kottyam , Kerala
• German Hospital , Saudi Arabia
About Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing:
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing is one among the six departments of Faculty of Nursing endowed with the infrastructure required to learn the full spectrum of Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing care for both the undergraduate and postgraduate students. Nursing Curriculum meet the norms set by the Indian Nursing Council (INC). Experienced nursing faculty members are an added strength to the department.
- Prepare graduates to provide family centered comprehensive care to women and children.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate courses related to the department.
- Ensure excellent academic performance and overall development of students in both clinical and theory courses towards caring mother and children.
- Procure and monitor utilization of resources, for effective functioning of the department.
- Participate actively towards promotion of independent and collaborative research.
- Facilitate professional growth of faculty.
- Monitor continuous quality improvement of all functional areas of the department.
Opportunities for students:
The student gets following the opportunities :
- To conduct National level workshop and conferences.
- To organize the awareness program in adapted community area.
- To enrolled as a member in National and International Association related with OBG nursing e.g., SOMI
- To participate in both National and International level workshop and conferences in various colleges.
- To organize the health campaign.
- To exhibit the models related with Obstetrical and Gynecological monthly based.
- To encourage the students to publish the articles in National and International Midwifery journals at a large.
- To encourage to conduct the need-based project.
- Incorporate nursing process through logical / critical thinking and decision making in various obstetrics and gynecological settings
- Participate in the collaborative care
- Execute research and innovative activities for social and professional development
- Ensure culturally sensitive family centered holistic nursing care
- Empower women along with their family to preserve and promote health through health education and counseling.
Prof. Mrs Sundaram M
Vice – Principal, Head of the Department
Qualification: RN, RM, MSN
Specialization: Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing
- Prof. Mrs Sundaram M (HOD)
- Ms. Nevarani Sagolsem (Lecturer)
- Ms. Bansiewdor Sawkmie (Lecturer)
- Ms. Mala (Clinical Instructor)
- Our department celebrate all national and international health days related with women in extensively E.g. Breast-feeding week, international women day etc.
- Our department post graduates’ students organize and conduct national level workshop in each year.
- Our department regularly conduct exhibition at college level.
- Our department encourage all under and post graduates’ students to indulge the research activities.
- Co-ordinate among members to attend professional activities